Thursday, November 6, 2014

Craft Beer Week and Craft Beer Cruise (Many weeks later)

Disclaimer: This post was originally drafted at the end of May, but then, life happens....
It was just waiting for me to add pictures, and then hit post. I finally did it!
A Nice Glass of Rev Brew Loganberry

Chicago Craft Beer Week is a 10-Day excuse to drink as much beer as we possibly can. But it's good beer, so it's ok, right? There are so many events to choose from, that at first glance, I was overwhelmed with all the options. Eventually, I settled on some things that I wanted to try out. Last weekend, I attended the Laguinitas Beer Circus, which was a blend of circus acts, punk bands, and of course free-flowing beer. We drank until we knocked out on the grass, and then we got up and drank some more.

We also visited a new-to-us bar - Northdown Cafe and Tavern, in Lakeview. They ran a Craft Beer Week Special and I just had to try the Candi Crushables, which were only $4. It was very sweet, so the name on the lable wasn't a lie. The BF tried Firebird, which left a very smoky taste in my mouth. Pretty wierd- coming from a beer. Overall, I was glad we made that visit. Discovering new things are always exciting!

Another thing I wanted to check out was the Chicago Craft Beer Cruise on The Mystic Blue Boat at Navy Pier. I didn't think I could make it, but at the last second, I entered a twitter retweet contest, and Mystic Blue awarded me with 2 tickets! Thanks, guys! You are so NICE!!



On arrival, I was given 8 sample tickets for me and my BFF. I immedately went to work on sampling the beers. On the first level, there were 6-7 tables from different breweries, and 4 more tables were on the second floor.Although I arrived at 5:45pm and left at 8pm,  it felt like I was only there for 10 minutes. Aside from the beer, there were buffet tables of food and the amazing city view to distract me.

I love this view of Chicago From the Lake

Before I knew it, I had only 4 minutes left before last call, and I still had 5 more beers to try. I didn't want to miss out on any so I ran and grabbed as many beers as I could. The BFF sat at the table while I made 2 trips to pick up these beers. So, good news is I tried them all. Bad news is, I knew which cup was my favorite, but the cups weren't labeled, so I didn't know which breweries it was from. *womp womp* Overall, I had a great time, but wish it was a little longer. Oh, and also a little warmer! But that feeling of beingon the water is just incredibly wonderful and I wish I could do that everday!






No comments:

Post a Comment