Friday, November 7, 2014

Bordeaux Wine Match Making Party

I am a huge wine drinker. Especially from a huge glass. But even with all that I drink, I still have a lot of things I don't know about wine. That's why when I was invited to a Bordeaux wine tasting event, (brought to me by the Bordeaux wine council financed by the European Union), I was eager to go.



We arrived at the Posh Gold Coast Public Hotel and queue up outside the Library Bar. Once checked in, we were assigned our wine profile - predetermined by an online questionaire we submitted at the pre-registration. I was assigned table #5, which was mostly red blends. Apparently, my wine profile is Elegant. That's completely true. I like a little bit of everything. We were each given 4 drink tickets, so I quickly grabbed my first glass of wine and then went to catch up with friends. 



Yes, I did like the red blend a lot. No, I do not remember what their name, year, descriptions are. How do people keep up with that? Thank god for pictures to help me memoralize it.



I drank my 4 glasses, then headed over to the sweet whites and tasted 3 more small glasses. I love sweets, but I must remember that I do not like honey in my wine. It doesn't taste like a honey-pot like you would imagine, but more like a thicker cough syrup. yuck.




I'm not sure who the caterers were, but the food was pretty good too. They had a table of cheese and charcuterie, nuts and fruits. Being passed around the room were samosas, empanadas, coconut shrimps, lamb skewers, burgers, hot dogs and truffle balls. OMG THOSE TRUFFLE BALLS WERE AMAZING!! Thanks for dinner, Bordeaux! 



Swag swag Swag
Oh, and there was a prize wheel too! With plenty of prizes to be won, if you can answer a wine question correctly. I had no problem answering a true or false q about whether Bordeaux was own by big corporation (False, by the way), but I only won a pair of sunglasses. With all the other items on the table, I was pretty un-enthused by my glasses. I have about 2 dozens at home. Thankfully, the nice folks allowed me to trade it in for a cooler bag. Now, if only I can figure out how the cooler bag works...But first, a nap. Because these 4-5ish glasses of wine is defeating me.


No comments:

Post a Comment