Sunday, November 23, 2014

Music Perks: A free Ingrid Michaelson Concert

I once sold a pair of 3-day passes to a Chicago Music Fest. For $250. CRAZY RIGHT?!

Concerts and musical performance are great and all, but it still shocks me everytime how much a ticket cost. And don't forget the extra $20 convenience fee you pay to ticketmaster! And the worst part is sometimes, the venue is so gigantic, you end up watching the show from a screen. What's the point in that?

If you look really hard, there are many ways to obtain entry to a show for free. And the best part - most of these free shows are so intimate that you can get real up close and personal with the artists. Best sources are restaurants and bars that host these shows, radio stations, and liquor companies. Liquor companies LOVES to sponser artists.

Over the years, I've been able to see Gemini Club, Walk the Moon, Ne-yo, Lucius, plus many, many more in really great settings. I saw Moon Taxi on a booze cruise. I danced with Janelle Monae. I hugged St. Lucia. And last week I had lunch while watching watching Ingrid Michaelson crooned out a set of 5-6 songs in the dreamy setting of Carnivale. The afternoon was perfect! Carnivale gave us amazing acoustic and Ingrid gave us an amazing performance. Check out my video of it below:





No comments:

Post a Comment