Friday, August 7, 2015

Let's Go To The Movies: Fantastic Four


Last night, my friends and I (us Fantastic Five) went to the AMC River East Theater in Chicago to attend an advanced screening of the movie Fantastic Four. The tickets were given by Eventful and were well-attended. The first of my friends came at 5:15pm for the 7pm showing, and yet we were among the last audience members to get in. Thankfully, I was not sitting in the front row!

Although the movie kept me entertained for nearly 2 hours, I don't think it was that great. It's a feel-good story about friendship and the highjinks that happens when kids get drunk. but if you go expecting an action movie, you'll be disappointed. Many of us left feeling angry at the shortfall. But Eventful did provide us with free popcorn and soda, so the night was not a complete loss.

Verdict: An ok film to see for free, but don't pay for it.

Speaking of seeing it for free, I found a Jet Magazine giveaway to another screening of Fantastic Four.
If you're in Chicago, be sure to enter!


No comments:

Post a Comment