Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Grand Opening: Field Bistro of The Field Museum of Natural History






Last Wednesday night, I had the pleasure of attending a Grand Opening Party at the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago. I jump at any chance of visiting one of Chicago's best museum. And to do so at night when the place is not overrun by screaming children is a big plus. But as a lover of food, I was beyond thrilled that the event was to showcase the new Field Bistro, a restaurant in the Field Museum that specializes in locally sourced food that is good for you AND very good to eat. The food was beyond amazing. Check out their menu here. The service was fabulous at the party. I was asked if I needed anything about 5 times before I could even sit down. I ate leisurely until I was full and then made my way over to the very nice bar in the corner. Since I was a guest of River North Beer, a very fun beer distribution company here in Chicago, I just had to try the beer Tooth and Claw. River North Beer distributes for Off Color Brewing, who makes Tooth and Claw just for the Field Museum. Special, isn't it? Even more special is the unique beer handle which is a Giant Tooth. See the first picture in the set of pictures below. Don't you just love it? It tells it like it is. Also note that in the last picture, we see the glass which states that the beer is made of hops, pulverized dino teeth, and malt. HAHAHA, I love their humor. I checked with the sources, and indeed there are no dino teeth nor bones in that thing, so don't panic! 

But, do panic a little because this beer is great, and yet you cannot get it anywhere else. If you happen to be in Chicago, I highly suggest you visit. The Field Museum is located at 1400 S Lake Shore Drive Chicago, IL 60605 and they are open every day except Christmas. 9am-5pm




No comments:

Post a Comment