Tuesday, May 10, 2016

2016 Food Fest #2: Baconfest Chicago

So many piggies

Did you know bacon is good for you?  Science says so.
And even if that's not true, bacon tastes so good. So amazing in fact, that hundreds of people attended the 6th Annual Bacon Fest held at UIC Forum from April 30, 2016 to May 1, 2016. I myself, was lucky enough to attend the Brunch Session on that Sunday morning.

I know what you're saying...."Didn't you just go to a food fest last weekend?" Yes, but the two fests could not be any more different!

At Cochon, there were 5 chefs. At Baconfest, there were 50+!!

Cochon welcomed guests by having a cocktail bar at check-in. Baconfest makes you walk upstairs, and stand in a room full of people before they herd you into the hall. But I guess that's appropriate for them to make you stand in a pig-pen before you pig out, on pig.

Baconfest had more attendees. Much, much more, but that fact didn't bother me. At food fests, I've noticed that people tend to have the herd mentality, and the herd will move in shifts. So if you're at a table with a crowd around it, move on. Go to the next table that will be empty and when you come back to the first table, most likely it will be empty. Because I didn't wait in line, I was able to enjoy each and every table at least once, and got to return to my favorites 2-3 more times.

Know what the two fests have in common? Amazing food. Check out the highlights and be sure to get your tickets next year. Enjoy!

Cannot have brunch with Bloody Marys
And more Bloody Marys

Firecakes' Bacon Long John
Don't you wish you were here too?


The winner in my heart - The Franken Duckie from Duck Inn



Taco in a Bag


Pork and Mindy's Pig Candy










No comments:

Post a Comment