Friday, October 30, 2015

THE THING TO DO THIS WEEKEND: Chicago's New City Grand Opening Celebration 10/30-11/1


Have you heard of New City? It's a recent development area south of North/Clybourn in Chicago . Over the last month, I've seen tons of new stores and restaurants opening in that area. I even got to attend the opening celebrations of Earls and Yardhouse (thanks for the invite, guys!!) Kings Bowling and ArcLight Cinemas are slated to open later this month. I hope I get a chance to check them out.

This coming weekend, the celebration continues and will be open to the public. Check out the full details here. My personal favorite highlight on that list is the Nandos Dash! Free Food 10/31 between 11am and 1pm? YES!



Be sure to stick afterwards around and dine at Earl's then go imbibe at Yardhouse. I recommend the following items I had while I was there:

Earl's

The Bee's Knees. OMG, this cocktail comes in the cutest bear jar and is garnished with a lemon peel and honeycomb stick. IT'S SO FREAKING ADORABLE! I LOVE IT!!



The Silly Wabbit. A carrot cocktail that tastes so sweet like carrot juice. And that green sugar rim just oozes amazing sweetness. GET IT!



The Dynamite Rolls. Shrimp tempura roll that will blow your socks off. I promise!



Yardhouse

Ok, picking out a favorite cocktail at Yardhouse is a little bit trickier. Their drink menu is massive!



If you're a fan of spicyness like I am, get the Sriracha Ginger Mary for a little heat. For sweetness, get a salted watermelon margarita (middle drink pictured above.)



Best bet though, just go during happy hour and order as many drinks as you can handle. They are all pretty fantastic and the atmoshpher is top-notched fun.





ALSO, come back to Kings' on 11/2 to win free bowling for a year! And then take me with you ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment